This post is also available in:
« A la folie » 2019
Triptyque « En un commencement »
Fleur : Marguerite
Flower language: Seduction and innocence.
Le monotype « A la folie » – Automne 2019
This composition using the “Layered Glass” technique is made with acrylic paint and rendered using a structuring and binding computer code:
The daisy, symbol of innocence, was not that much. The game of stripping the daisy to seduce comes from Italy. I love you, a little, a lot…. But the game was “rigged” … Thanks to the knowledge of their mathematician genius Leonardo Fibonacci (1175-1250), they knew that the number of petals was “calculated”.
Also, in the art of seduction, they knew, depending on the size of the flower, the probability of ending up “passionately” or “not at all” …
- There are random points on which “spatial colonization” algorithms are launched, the same ones that are used to simulate trees. This creates vegetation. The ends of sterile branches (cul-de-sac) are materialized by circles of random sizes.
- From this vegetation is calculated the oldest stem, that is to say the one that went the farthest, the last finished. This stem is that of the flower. It is the right choice (furthest upward) among all of the space colonization solutions. These choices, branches, are indicated by green circles.
- The hearts of the daisy strictly respect the phyllotaxis, that is to say the order and the plant structure based on the Fibonacci sequence (same pattern as a sunflower heart for example), and therefore tends towards the angle gold (137.5 °). The central core contains 144 points.
- The number of petals stripped varies randomly, in angle of departure and in number. Its meaning has a 15% chance of being reversed and representative of left-handed stripping.
Thus, the monotype, from the front, represents a daisy frozen flat.
In perspective, the monotype reveals a temporality, in flared echo: its courteous stripping and its refrain: I love you, a little, a lot, passionately …
All the achievements are different and unique. This means that you will have one of this flower, not exactly the one pictured.
This flower is available to order in:
– 12cm x 6 cm x 6 cm: white glasses
– 12cm x 6 cm x 6 cm: ultra-transparent glasses