This post is also available in:
« Fée Violette » 2019
Triptyque : « En un commencement »
Flower : La Violette
Language of flowers : discreet love, secret love
Le monotype « Fée Violette » – Automne 2019
This composition using the “Layered Glass” technique is made with acrylic paint and rendered using a structuring and binding computer code:
- The flower is a variation on the curve of a rosette (n = 5/2, a = variable) to obtain the 5 petals characteristic of a violet.
- The yellow pistil evokes star dust, and its shape resembles the shape of a fairy.
- The stem is made up of bells which follow the trajectory of a “pursuit curve” up to the central heart.
- The hearts are placed almost randomly: they must leave a crossing angle towards the center.
- Hearts are filled with a labyrinth built on the “Walking Man” algorithm (a man walks at random with a maximum of 100 steps; until space is completely covered.
- The hearts are dotted with proportional locks. Randomly (20%), a small violet crowns this set, because the violet is always in a bouquet.
- The central heart, the largest, surmounted by a large lock, contains in the middle the line of a “Peter Pan” … the secret love of the fairy … visible only at an angle crossing the composition for who can see it , or for the owner who saw glass n ° 6 alone.
Thus, the monotype represents a violet, fresh, discreet, airy without being naive or trivial, far from it.
All the achievements are different and unique. This means that you will have one of this flower, not exactly the one pictured.